Ironworkers Local 395 Apprenticeship Application
Please review the following information before starting your application.
(The full list of qualifications and procedures for the application process can be viewed here.)
- Applicant must be 18 years of age.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalency is required, and must be sent from the school to the training center.
- Applicants must be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the apprenticeship program, pass a doctor's physical, and a drug screening.
- Applicant's must pass an aptitude test.
- Applicant must be a legal resident of the United States.
- Applicants must provide a copy of their Driver's License and Birth Certificate.
- Qualities such as interest, character, cooperativeness, judgement and similar factors which promise successful completion of the individual's apprenticeship and performance as a journeyworker will be determined by giving a fair and impartial interview and/or testing.
- Applications will be accepted throughout the year at varying intervals via online application at the Ironworkers 395 website. All persons will be required to possess a valid driver's license and provide documentation upon application submission.
- All applications will be identical in form and requirements. The application form will have an auto generated number sequence.
- Each applicant must review the Selection Procedures (link above) and will review information about the program. If there are any additional questions, they can contact via email or phone a representative of the JATC (contact info available on website).
- Receipt of the properly completed application form, along with required supporting documents (proof of age, driver's license, birth certificate, and/or other acceptable documentation; official high school transcripts, GED certificate and scores, or other documentation) will constitute the completed application. Copies of documents must be submitted within 14 business days of the date of application. Proof of intended completion may be submitted for applicants in the process of finishing GED or Graduation Diploma. Each person can only apply once a year.
- Applicants will receive testing information after submitting the completed application with all supporting documentation. A driver's license is required at the testing site.
- Applicants meeting the required criteria of a 70% minimum test score will be notified via email a time and date of interview. Applicants will also receive 3 reference letter forms to be filled out and brought with them to the interview.
- Selected applicants shall take their drug test immediately after completion of the ergonomic physical, at the same test site. Each applicant must PASS the drug screen or no further processing of the application will take place.
- Completed applications will be checked for minimum qualifications. Applicants not passing the drug screening, deficient in one or more qualifications or requirements, or making false statements on their application will be notified in writing of their disqualification.
- Applicants who have previously been indentured into this Apprenticeship Program shall be permitted to reapply. These persons may request, in writing, a hearing with the JATC for reinstatement.
Click here to begin the online application.